As part of the Int-E-Grid project, Forum Energii together with Agora Verkehrswende and the Electric Vehicles Promotion Foundation (FPPE) are organising a workshop in the form of an expert panel, which will focus on National Recovery Plans in the context of the development of charging infrastructure for electric vehicles in Poland and Germany.
In December 2020, European leaders decided to raise the climate target for the EU to minus 55 % by 2030 relative to 1990 levels. The implementation of emission reduction plans will not be possible without a deep transformation of the entire transport sector and its electrification.
At the end of December 2020, after months of negotiations, the European Union adopted a budget for 2021-2027 and a new emergency instrument to combat the economic crisis caused by the COVID19 pandemic - Next Generation EU. Funding will be conditional on the digital and green transformation of member states' societies and economies. By the end of April, European governments are required to submit National Recovery Plans, in which they describe the planned reforms and provide the basis for the disbursement of funds.
This online workshop will consider how National Recovery Plans should be used to optimally support the development of charging networks for electric vehicles - cars, vans, buses and trucks. We will assess the structure and the cost of the support system; moreover, we will define how support systems should look like in order to provide an integrated charging network, enabling the development of electric transport in Poland and Germany.
The following experts will participate:
- Yvon Slingenberg, Director from DG Climate Action European Commission (keynote)
- Prof. Grzegorz Benysek, Member of the Supervisory Board, Ekoenergetyka-Polska S.A.
- Marek Gawroński, Vice-President for Public and Governmental Affairs, Volvo Poland
- Andreas Klugescheid, Head of Government Affairs and External Relations, BMW
- Adrian Mazur, Director of the Transport Strategy Department, Ministry of Infrastructure
- Johannes Pallasch, Head of the National Centre for Charging Infrastructure, NOW GmbH
- Marcin Korolec, President of the Electric Vehicles Promotion Foundation (FPPE)
- Dr. Joanna Maćkowiak-Pandera, President of the Forum Energii
- Christian Hochfeld, Executive Director, Agora Verkehrswende
- Dr. Fabian Joas, Policy Advisor, Ministry of Finance (BMF)
The event will be held online in English on the 10th of March 2021 between 10.30-12.00. We strongly encourage you to register (link below) - the number of places is limited!
Link to registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvdeGgrD8iEtcyYbA5nkcBgeKwcd_SCM1j