As part of the Transport and Climate Change Week 2021 organized by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Agora Verkehrswende and Ellery Studio presented Future Ahoy! on June 21, 2021, the English edition of their infographic novel on the transport transition (German: Abgefahren!). Afterwards, international experts discussed how communication can contribute to the transport turnaround and what is needed to reach a broader audience.
The event was attended by:
- Katie Gallus, Moderator,
- Daniel Bongardt, Program Director Transport and Climate Change at GIZ,
- Philipp Prein, Head of Communications at Agora Verkehrswende,
- Bernd Riedel, Creative Director of Ellery Studios,
- Laura Ballesteros, Global Secretary and Founder of Women in Motion and former Planning Undersecretary at the Secretariat of Mobility in Mexico City (Women in Motion),
- Maruxa Cardama, Secretary General, Sustainable Low Carbon Transport Partnership (SLOCAT),
- Javier Errea, CEO, Errea Comunicación Design & Communication Studi.
The event was organised by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) financed by the International Climate Initiative (IKI).