Half a year after several transport initiatives have been initiated at COP 26 in Glasgow, we discuss how decarbonization partnerships of countries may help ramping up climate action in mobility. Join the event and witness panelists debate if joint partnerships and joint declarations are the key ingredient to successful decarbonization or if they are perhaps being used to gloss over lacking ambition.
The panel discussion will be guided by the following questions:
- Do we need a general, cross-sectoral climate club, a comprehensive transport alliance or sub-sectoral partnerships?
- Do we need an exclusive club of frontrunners, or should we strive for an inclusive partnership open to all?
- What role does the international transport community play in supporting multilateral state-led approaches?
- Tanja Gönner, Chair of Management Board, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- O.P. Agarwal, CEO, World Resources Institute India
- Christian Hochfeld, Executive Director, Agora Verkehrswende
- Artur Runge-Metzger, Member of the Board, Germanwatch; Former Director, Directorate-General for Climate Action, EU Commission
- Kuki Soejachmoen, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Indonesia Research Institute for Decarbonization (IRID)
Moderated by Nadja Taeger, GIZ, and Christian Hochfeld, Agora Verkehrswende.
The event is part of the Transport and Climate Change Week 2022, organised by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV) financed by the International Climate Initiative (IKI).
To be able to follow the panel discussion by video stream, please register for the Transport and Climate Change Week 2022 under the following link:
You will get access to an event platform where the link to the stream will be provided on the day of the event. For more information about the Transport and Climate Change Week 2022 see: