- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share by Email
Student Assistant, International Cooperation – fluent Chinese required
You will support the Agora Verkehrswende team in the implementation of project work, in the organisation and execution of events, as well as in day-to-day project management tasks. Thematically your work will be dedicated to international cooperation in Asia (specifically, with China, Thailand, and India). To support cooperation with Chinese project partners, a good command of Chinese is required. The goal of the project work is to build capacities that enable the development and adoption of holistic decarbonisation strategies in the transport sector. This will allow partner countries to raise their climate ambitions and meet or increase their emission pledges under the Paris agreement.
You will assist our activities by:
- researching selected issues in the field of climate protection in transport, particularly regarding the development of electric vehicles,
- gathering data and assisting with their graphical presentation,
- preparing project outlines, schedules, presentations and discussion documents,
- preparing and ensuring the quality of project publications,
- organising and implementing events, including both internal and public workshops as well as larger conferences, and by
- preparing documents, participating in meetings and taking minutes.
We expect you to:
- be enthusiastic about issues surrounding the future of transport, especially about making the transport sector equitable, ecological, and sustainable,
- have experience writing academic papers,
- have some work experience (e.g. through previous internships),
- be diligent, independent and goal-oriented in your work,
- be competent in the use of MS Office programs (in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook),
- be capable of quantitative analysis and its graphical presentation,
- have a very good command of Chinese and English; knowledge of German is preferred but not mandatory,
- enjoy working in team settings.
- the opportunity to work on a highly professional, committed team on an issue of key importance to our collective future,
- insight into the working methods of a think tank,
- experience with project work, including the production of associated publications,
- international networking opportunities.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in engineering, economics, or a natural or social science. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate an interest in climate protection in the transport sector.
Agora Verkehrswende is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disability.
We are looking to hire a qualified candidate as soon as possible, but there is some flexibility regarding the job start date.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please upload your application as a single PDF file using the following link:
Please name the file “Int_Koop_Stud_X” (while replacing “X” with your last name). Be sure to indicate your earliest possible start date in the application.
If you have any questions, please contact Clara Bartz at email@example.com or by phone at +49 (0)151 15 97 94 80.